Pan-Seared Salmon Cakes
with parsley, lemon, & scallion
Time to Table: Approx 10 minutes
Tools Used: Hand Blender, Microwave, Pan, Stove Top, Fork
Serves 2 with 2-3 cakes per serving
– 3 Red or Purple Potatoes
– 1 scallion (chopped)
– 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
– 1 tbsp chopped parsley
– t tbsp olive, peanut, or canola oil (for cooking)
– 3 oz canned salmon, smoked salmon, or cooked salmon (This is the perfect way to use up any leftover refrigerated fish from dinner the night before. The salmon pouches sold near tuna pouches at most grocery stores also are an excellent, thrifty option.)
– 1 tsp flax seed or walnut pieces
– 1 tsp crumbled goat’s cheese or feta
1. Rinse the potatoes and puncture with a fork to ventilate. Place on a microwave-safe ceramic or glass plate and microwave for 2 minutes to soften potatoes.
2. While potatoes cook, rinse and chop parsley and scallion and gather remaining ingredients. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except for the oil), including the cooked potatoes. Blend with hand blender until well mixed. Using a spoon, make six small cakes on your plate. Microwave for 2 minutes so that egg mixture is fully cooked.
3. Add 1 tbsp oil to stove top pan and lightly sear cooked cakes until slightly crisp on the outside. Place finished cakes on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil. Serve warm and enjoy!