Warm Roasted Asparagus
with plump raisins and red wine vinegar
I actually ate this (along with a cherry zucchini smoothie) for breakfast. It was too good to wait.
Serves 2 large portions or 3 small
-1 bunch (approx. 1 lb) fresh asparagus
-1-2 tbsp red wine vinegar & 1 tsp natural teriyaki marinade (OR 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar–no teriyaki)
-1-2 tbsp raisins
-1 tbsp olive oil
Optional but DELICIOUS extras
– 1 tsp crumbled blue cheese (OR goat’s cheese)
– 1 tbsp almond slices (OR sesame seeds)
1) Preheat oven to 375°F. Rinse and dry asparagus spears (stalks) and snap off the very bottom, thick ends.
2) Spread spears across oven pan and mix well with 1 tbps olive oil. Drizzle on your red wine vinegar and teriyaki. Also sprinkle in your raisins.
3) Roast at 375°F for 12-15 minutes. Carefully remove from oven. Asparagus should be bright green and still crisp but not tough.
4) Sprinkle on your almond slices (or sesame seeds) and blue cheese if desired. If you do add the blue cheese really try to stick to 1 tbsp of fine crumbles. This cheese has a powerful, fun flavor but it tends to be high in fat so it is best to use it as an accent in small amounts.
5) Serve hot and enjoy!