This spicy dish packs a powerful punch of flavor but is very easy and inexpensive to make. Make a large batch for some quick, tasty leftovers– the dish tasted even better after sitting in the fridge over night.
Try it at Home: Easy Cauliflower Chickpea Curry
– 1 head of fresh cauliflower (about 1 lb)
– 1 can of reduced fat coconut milk
– 1 can of chickpeas (rinsed)
– 1 can of diced tomatoes or 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
– 2 tbsp curry powder
– 1 dash of ground black pepper
– 2-3 tbsp olive oil
Rinse cauliflower and cut into small florets. Heat large skillet at medium heat with 2-3 tbsp olive oil and add the cauliflower. After 2-3 minutes add drained, rinsed chickpeas and tomatoes and continue to stir skillet frequently. Continue to cook for about 4 minutes then add the coconut milk, curry powder, and black pepper. Stir well until fully blended then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and allow dish to simmer for about 15 minutes.