Featured Ingredient: Fennel
Try this At Home:
Roasted Asparagus, Arugula Salad
& Sockeye Salmon
Total prep (ingredients from fridge to table) time: 20 minutes. Bake time: 10 minutes
I bought frozen sockeye salmon fillets and baked them the night before I made this lunch. I ate one for dinner and saved the other for lunch. You could use any meat or protein that is ready to go to save time for this quick healthy lunch.
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Wash your asparagus and snap of the bottom ends (approximately 1/2-1 inch). Spread out the asparagus on a baking sheet and add 1 tbsp olive oil well spread over the stocks. Squeeze a little bit of fresh lemon juice if you have it (about 1/2 tsp). Add garlic and herbs to taste. Add thin slices or shavings of fresh fennel.
3. Put the asparagus in the oven and set your timer for 10 minutes. Rinse the arugula (or other salad greens) and add to plate along with fresh lemon juice, goat cheese (I used about 2 tbsp), and fresh fennel. I also added a spoonful of humus which is great if you have it. If not, try chick peas or black beans to add extra protein and fiber.
4. When your time has about 5 minutes left, add your fish or meat to the tray to reheat it as the asparagus finishes roasting.
5. Put everything together, eat and enjoy!